1. Olive Oil – All right, so everyone has heard of all the amazing benefits of olive oil, but few people actually consume enough of it! Add a good dousing of it on your salads. One of the key benefits to those wishing to look their best are the nourishing qualities that help to produce shiny and strong hair and healthy looking skin. In addition to olive oil I would suggest cod fish oil or other fish oils which can help prevent tooth decay!
2. Grapefruit – Speed up your metabolism with this fat burning fruit.
3. Dark Chocolate – With the amount healthy nutrients and antioxidants, this snack not only helps to elevate your mood but can keep your blood pressure in check too. Now that’s something to be cheerful about.
4. Collagen Powder – Add to any juice, and drink to healthy skin, nails and hair!
5. Bananas – Secret behind this nutrient rich fruit is to wait to eat them till they are really ripe since they develop into an even richer snack.
6. Kefir – Home made kefir is simple to make and the grains will provide you an endless supply that keeps on growing. With all the healthy bacteria, your gut will thank you! I bought my start kit on amazon.
7. Sauerkraut – Another dish that makes your stomach sing songs of joy. Incredibly easy to make. A couple cabbage heads, salt and jars give you the perfect side condiment to any dish. Did I mention how delicious it is?
8. Wild Caught Fish – With all the omega 3 fatty acids, it will keep all your body running smoothly and can give your hair and skin moisture it needs.
9. Resveratrol – Shown to stop obesity, cancer and extend life Resveratrol can help your health in a multitude of ways. Can be bought in supplement form but wine contains the same ingredients just to a lesser amount. A glass in the evening is perfect way to relax and reap the health benefits and there is a 20 to 30 percent lower risk of coronary artery disease.
10. Avocados – Buying an avocado should is actually easy, since they are can be bought just about anywhere and do not need to be organic since their strong outer shell protects them from all sorts of bugs. One study showed that adding avocado or avocado oil to either salad or salsa can increase antioxidant absorption by 2.6 to 15-fold. So… not only is avocado highly nutritious, it can dramatically increase the nutrient value of other plant foods that you are eating.